The Batter Half & Co. is a haven for those who love cakes and desserts. They sell everything from cakes, gateaux, macaroons, cookies, brownies, cupcakes, cake pops, desserts in a cup and homemade ice cream! All their desserts are freshly made and decorated with attention to details. The shop is designed to look exactly like a bakery, with mini cupcakes and cakes displayed in the front window and rolling pins hung on the walls. There is also catering services available for events and special occasions.
What we tried:
- Chocolate Heaven Cup
- Red Velvet Slice
- Oreo Slice
- Chocolate Fudge Slice
- Lotus Ice cream
What we found very impressive:
- The Chocolate Heaven cup is a warm smooth melted chocolate mixed with sweet condensed milk and biscuits in a cup, served with homemade vanilla ice cream that balances out the melted chocolate.
- The Chocolate Fudge Slice is very rich and was composed of what seems like a hundred thin layers of fudge chocolate sponge cake with chocolate icing in between each layer. Highly recommended for chocolate lovers!
- The Éclair was fluffy and baked to perfection with a filling of hazelnut pastry cream that melts in your mouth, making it taste heavenly.
Things to consider:
- Their homemade ice cream is delicious and definitely worth a try!
- The Zamalek branch is a small shop with three high chairs and a small table, so if you want to enjoy at a proper seating area visit their larger branches. Cairo Festival City has a larger shop, and there is a new branch opening soon in Mall of Arabia.
Location: 17 Mohamed Mazhar Street, Zamalek
Opening hours: 10:30 am – 12:15 am
Tel: 02 2737 0036
Email: [email protected]